For our Asia Water Hubs, we are looking for a Junior Web Developer (freelance/part-time).
Website functional development, maintenance and infrastructure
About The Water Agency
The Water Agency is a social enterprise that aims to connect people and organisations to collaborate for clean and safe water in Asia. Through our Water Hubs in Indonesia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Australia and the Netherlands, we support local and international partners to identify and develop opportunities to address critical water and climate challenges in the region. All Hubs are staffed by local experts with multidisciplinary backgrounds.
Since 2016, The Water Agency in Asia has initiated and managed numerous programs to increase countries’ adaptability and resilience in the face of growing water and climate-related challenges, such as flooding, water scarcity, and river pollution.
Some examples of the work we do: we initiated the Asia Water Portals as the digital gateway that connects local and international water professionals and enables them to discover, share, learn and collaborate. We have also developed Climate Lab Asia platform, an online workspace for people and organisations working on climate adaptation programs and projects in Asia. The platform offers a collaboration workspace, wiki’s and online learning tools for the projects. Moreover, one of our main services is an online education platform which offers a variety of courses to professionals worldwide. Since the establishment, the platforms have been continuously growing in terms of the user base, content, functionality, and resources.
The Water Agency has an exciting open position for a Junior Web Developer. You will need to participate in projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and testing.
In this position, the Junior Web Developer will be responsible for maintaining, managing and developing existing and future online platforms.
Our websites are WordPress-based, so a very strong knowledge and experience in WordPress is required. The candidate must have worked on WordPress websites before. Experience with Elementor, Memberships, Ecommerce, Security/Firewall and Caching plugins required; experience with Learndash and Buddyboss (or similar) highly desirable.
It is a full-stack job so the candidate will be responsible for installing, managing, debugging, integrating and customizing WordPress sites. Experience with (cloud) services like Cloudflare is required.
- Being entrepreneurial and proactive in initiating and working on projects
- Reviewing the existing websites’ structure and implementation, and suggesting improvements
- Identifying and addressing any errors or defects found in the existing structures
- Developing and maintaining the websites and deliver functional improvements on time
- Testing the functional implementations to ensure high-quality and error-free deliverables
- Monitoring site and server security, carrying out tracking procedures daily, and reporting any issues that arise quickly
- Managing and monitoring external cloud, analytics, e-mail, and security services
- Execute directions from senior management team
- Working effectively in a dynamic and challenging international environment, with exposure to new technologies and a local team within a global environment
- Information Technology education or related experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing, developing and maintaining WordPress websites
- Strong WordPress, PHP, Database, Cloud and Linux server administration backgrounds
- Comprehensive knowledge of website performance optimization and monitoring tools such as Google Analytics, Caching and Cloudflare
- Experience with installing, debugging, integrating and customizing WordPress sites
- Knowledge and experience with implementing and monitoring sites, server security, patching procedures
- Experience in developing responsive and mobile-friendly websites
- Experience with Elementor, Learning Management Systems (preferably LearnDash), Ecommerce, Membership plugins, and SEO
- Security and privacy are second nature, technologically as well as in working attitude
- Good communication skills in English and the ability to collaborate effectively with team members in different time zones
- A self-starter and proactive in initiating and working on projects
- Passion for learning new technologies and improving web development skills
Location: Asia region (Preferably based in Jakarta, Indonesia)
Working Conditions: A combination of remote work and regular in-person office meetups with the local team
If you are interested, please complete the application form by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button, and send your CV & portfolio (in PDF format) to [email protected], with the email subject line “[Your Name] Application for Junior Web Developer“.
We will schedule interviews on a first-come-first-serve basis, so apply as soon as possible!
Learn more about The Water Agency on our website: www.thewateragency.com