For our Indonesia Waterhub, we are looking for a Project Consultant (full-time)
Project Management, Project Scoping and Implementation, Stakeholder Management and Communications, Report Writing
About The Water Agency
The Water Agency is a social enterprise that runs the largest network of Water Hubs in Asia. Through our Water Hubs, we connect local and international water experts to collaborate for clean and safe water across Asia. Our Water Hubs are based in Myanmar, Indonesia, Viet Nam, Australia and the Netherlands.
Since 2016, The Water Agency in Asia has initiated and managed numerous programs to increase countries’ adaptability and resilience in the face of growing water and climate-related challenges, such as flooding, water scarcity, and river pollution.
Some examples of the work we do: we work together with local and international water experts to execute Welang Flood Masterplan and Batik Wastewater Solutions project, we organised Asia Raincraft with communities to inclusively design their neighbourhoods by using Minecraft, we organise the Water Challenge innovation competitions for students and young professionals, and we develop a water education platform called Asia Water Academy.
The Water Agency in Indonesia has an exciting open position for an entrepreneurial young professional to join our team as Project Consultant. You will support and lead the team to develop and execute projects and grow the Company’s reach in Asia. You will be working on diverse activities that offer a great opportunity to develop your professional business and communication skills, learn about international collaboration and build your local and international reputation.
On a day-to-day basis, you will support and report to the Project Manager. As Project Consultant, you will be responsible to:
- Lead and manage teams in project scoping, planning, execution, completion, and evaluation.
- Lead team collaboration and manage high-level communications.
- Plan resource allocation and project budget to meet project goals.
- Execute projects in creative ways.
- Support and do market research and intelligence.
- Lead report writing and external communication with clients/ partners.
- Support material for marketing and communication platforms.
- Monitor TWA online platforms during project initiation and execution.
- Organise meetings and events within the project cycle.
- Build and develop stakeholder mapping throughout the project cycle.
- Gather insight and trends to support program research and development.
- Be proactive in leading and working on projects.
- Provide clear communication and direction to teams, and lead by example.
- Depending on the projects, you will also need to work with colleagues in Myanmar, Viet Nam, Australia and the Netherlands.
You have a passion for water and want to contribute to a sustainable water sector in Asia! You like to create positive social impacts for the projects and stakeholders.
- Young professional with a bachelor’s degree (Sarjana/ S1) from any discipline.
- English and Bahasa Indonesia fluency, both in speaking and writing.
- Preferably have 5-8 years of working experience in leading projects (for example, as a project leader with a private company or non-governmental organisation). International experience is a bonus.
- Experience in water and climate issues and initiatives would be a plus.
- A self-starter. You set goals for yourself, and you like to achieve tangible results.
- Adaptable and willing to learn in a dynamic, multicultural environment.
- Committed to teamwork and collaborative work practices.
- Curious and respond positively to change and new organisational practices, structures, procedures, and technology.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills, with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Able to develop and maintain sound working relationships with government representatives, public and private sector organisations, community, youth, and other stakeholders.
- Indonesian national who currently resides in Jabodetabek would be preferred.
- Able/willing to travel on a regular basis.
If you are interested, please complete the application form by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button, and send your CV (in PDF format) to [email protected], with the email subject being the position you wish to apply.
The position is available immediately and for full-time employment with a probation period of three (3) months.