For our Asia Water Hubs, we are looking for a Senior Technical Consultant – Web Development (freelance/part-time).
Consulting website development, auditing, maintaining, and directing implementation
About The Water Agency
The Water Agency is a social enterprise that aims to connect people and organisations to collaborate for clean and safe water in Asia. Through our Water Hubs in Indonesia, Vietnam,
Myanmar, Australia and the Netherlands, we support local and international partners to identify and develop opportunities to address critical water and climate challenges in the region. All Hubs are staffed by local experts with multidisciplinary backgrounds.
Since 2016, The Water Agency in Asia has initiated and managed numerous programs to increase countries’ adaptability and resilience in the face of growing water and climate-related challenges, such as flooding, water scarcity, and river pollution.
Some examples of the work we do: we initiated the Asia Water Portals as the digital gateway that connects local and international water professionals and enables them to discover, share, learn and collaborate. We have also developed Climate Lab Asia platform, an online workspace for people and organisations working on climate adaptation programs and projects in Asia. The platform offers a collaboration workspace, wiki’s and online learning tools for the projects. Moreover, one of our main services is an online education platform which offers a variety of courses to professionals worldwide. Since the establishment, the platforms have been continuously growing in terms of the user base, content, functionality, and resources.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Consultant (Web Development) with extensive experience in WordPress, LearnDash, Ecommerce, Security, and Performance. You will be
responsible for reviewing and auditing the education platform, providing recommendations and advice to the implementation team, setting up a disaster recovery system, and providing prompt support in case of emergencies.
While NOT responsible for implementing the changes themselves, the candidate will provide clear direction and guidance to ensure that all necessary measures are taken to meet the expected standards of excellence towards achieving a well-developed, high-functioning, and secure education platform.
- Audit the website on a bi-weekly basis to identify areas for improvement and ensure the website is well-developed, high-functioning, and secure
- Direct the team on how to improve the website’s functionality, performance, security, SEO, and necessary updates
- Meet with the team on a monthly-basis
- Direct the team to ensure successful implementation of functional requirements while adhering to best practices and industry standards
- Develop a comprehensive disaster recovery plan by identifying potential risks and vulnerabilities, creating backup and restoration procedures
- Establish a system for managing production, development/test, and recovery sites, including aligning sites, transitioning from development to production, and transitioning from recovery to production
- Provide recommendations for implementing necessary measures to accommodate the growing user base, content, and security needs along the progress
- Provide prompt support in case of emergencies
- Information Technology education or related experience
- At least 8 years of experience in web development, with a strong emphasis on website management, audits, security, and disaster recovery planning
- Extensive experience with WordPress, including knowledge of plugins such as Elementor, Learning Management Systems (preferably LearnDash), Membership plugins,
security/firewall, caching, and e-commerce
- Excellent knowledge of website performance optimization and monitoring tools such as Google Analytics, and Cloudflare
- Ability to analyze data and provide actionable insights to improve website functionality, SEO, performance, and user experience
- Ability to develop comprehensive disaster recovery plans and identify potential risks and vulnerabilities
- Strong experience in developing responsive and mobile-friendly websites
- Knowledge of web security protocols and experience in implementing security measures.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and directing a web development team
- Strong communication skills in English and the ability to collaborate effectively with team members in different time zones
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Constantly up-to-date with the latest web technologies and trends
Location: Asia Region
If you are interested, please complete the application form by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button, and send your CV & portfolio (in PDF format) and at least one referee to [email protected], with the email subject being the position you wish to apply.
We will schedule interviews on a first-come-first-serve basis, so apply as soon as possible!
Learn more about The Water Agency on our website: www.thewateragency.com