The Water Agency organised a Community of Practice session on Water Futures, held on Thursday 19 April 2018 in Brisbane, Australia.
Participants of this workshop came from:
- Local and State Governments
- Water Utilities
- Non-Government Organisations
- Industry partners
Together, participants reviews the Water Futures book, shared the impressions of the book and learned from each other on who could benefits from the concepts and ideas from Water Futures.
The book Water Futures is steadily becoming a well appreciated resource of ideas and vision for the managing the catchments, waterways and design of the communities living on the Brisbane River floodplain.
To expedite the awareness and increase the utility of the material in the book the aim of the workshop was able to :
- Share the highlights and impressions of the book – so thanks to Bonnie Beare from Water Modelling Solutions for her review and to James Davidson and Clive Bape for sharing their experience in authoring the book.
- Seek impressions from each participant on what they liked about the book and how that could be useful – see the report below for the wealth of comments
- Build collective small group views on who could benefits from the concepts and ideas from Water Futures and how they might be used in various organisational and regional responsibilities and initiatives – see the report below for these insights